Sunday, May 8, 2016

Psalm Eight - Twice!

Intro:

To the Chief Musician; set to a Philistine lute, possibly to the melody of a particular Hittite tune. A Psalm of David.

Oh Lord, my Lord, how majestic, how totally awesome and out of this world, is Your name in all of the known universe!

You have show us Your glory everywhere, even in the very clouds. From the very praise of the children, of toddlers and infants, You have built a fortress against your enemies ... to silence all who have aught against You. When I think about the heavens that You have created, the very works of your fingertips. The moon and stars that you set into place ... what is mankind that they would even enter Your thoughts; the lowly human beings that You would actually care for them?

You made them a little lower in status than your messenger spirits (angels/pastors) and have crowned them (us) with Your glory and honor. You made us rulers over all that You have made; told us to take dominion over everything on earth that Your hands had created. All flocks and herds and wild animals roaming the earth and creatures that fly through the skies ... and everything that teems throughout the oceans and seas.

Oh Lord, my Lord, how majestic, how totally awesome and out of this world, is Your name in all of the known universe!


My Thoughts:

Easter Sunday, March 28, 2016, in our Easter Celebration the Holy Spirit spoke to us. He said that we don't see ourselves as He sees us. We don't know our true identity, our real position, within Him and His Kingdom. And here in this Psalm He tells us once more.

This is an area that I have been struggling with my position in Him, who I really am.  So Here are a few thoughts that I have on this subject.

I see this as a Psalm - a song - of Praise and Worship that David sang in his private times of worship. A shout of joy after their victory over the Philistines. The intro leads me to believe that spoofing one of their war ditties as an act of worship to the Lord. Singing it in reverent fear and honor of His King.

I also see David as remember His own position - and by extension, ours - in the Lord. 
So I think that I will follow David's example:


Psalm 8 - Again

Oh Lord, my Lord, how totally awesome You are! Your very name is more majestic than any other. It's divine interpretation is more wonderful than any human can comprehend.
From the mouths of mere children spew forth tales of Your strength; exploits of Your victories over all Your enemies. You have silenced them ALL.

When I look over all that You have done, When I deeply ponder Your marvelous creation, my breath is taken away; Your glorious heavens and all their intricate details, I am taken totally aback.

So what is mankind, that You thoughtfully consider their existence? What is humanity, that You lovingly care for them?

For You created them (us) in Your very likeness, yet not exact copies of Yourself. You have made us just lower in rank than the heavenly beings You made; a little lower in standing than Your holy angels.

And You gave us dominion over the rest of Your creation; over fish and fowl, beasts and dragons, everything that walks on four feet and two, that fly and/or has the breath of life within them ... including Satan and his evil minions.

I thank and praise You for my position in Your Kingdom, Your Family, and Your Army!

Oh Lord, my Lord, how totally awesome You are! 



No comments:

Post a Comment