Friday, June 9, 2017

Psalm 25, Verses 1-7

A Psalm of David & Leigh
A conversation with God.

David is praying, and I with him, asking God for defense, 
guidance, and pardon from sin.
As followers of Christ, we know that God will do these things for us, also.


God's Defense is better than ANY castle walls!
Loving Lord I lift, I give up, my soul to You.
Father, I have placed all of my trust in You.
You will not allow me to bring shame upon You.
Neither will You allow my enemies, or Your enemies,
to triumph over me. No, they will find no joy in causing me harm.
Lord, I know that none who have placed their trust, their very hope,
in You will ever be put to shame. But those who act unfaithfully, yes all deceitful men and women, will stand before You in their shame.


Show me the direction You would have my life to take; 
help me to see the course my life should take.
Teach me to stay on Your Highway of and to Holiness.
Guide me into Your truth and instruct me, Lord. For You are my Savior, 
the very source of my life's existence.
I know You remember all of your lovingkindness and tender mercies,
and so do I. For they go back to the very beginning;
back to the first family and the Garden.
But in Your remembering, please remember not the sins of my childhood,
nor any of the rebellious acts that I have committed since ... please forget, as your merciful nature allows.





No comments:

Post a Comment