Thursday, June 1, 2017

Psalm Twenty Three

A Psalm of David

Herein King David sees God as a caring Shepherd and dependable Guide. As He is our only Hope for eternal life and protection, we must follow Him and obey His commandments.


Lord, because You are my shepherd,
There is nothing I want or need.
You make me a bed in lush, green meadows.
You make sure they have cool, calm and shaded pools
That I can drink from.
You refresh me - body, soul, and spirit;
All the while guiding me to follow righteous roads.

Though the road goes through dark and dangerous places,
And death seems eminent, 
I will not be afraid, for You are ever beside me.
By Your Authority, Power, and Support I am protected;
This brings me great comfort.

From the beginning of time, 
You invited me to Your table.
With a great display, You laid it out before
All those who would do me harm.
You chose and ordained me, 
Anointing me with the Oil of Your Holy Spirit.
So full of Your Spirit am I,
That it flows forth from my very being.

I will chase after Your goodness,
Mercy, and lovingkindness
all of my days.
Lord, please reside within my heart
For all eternity!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment