Thursday, April 28, 2016

Psalm Four

Intro:

To the Chief Musician; 
To be played on stringed instruments. 
A Psalm of David

Standing before the Lord I cry with David; God, can I have some relief here? I know that You are able, for there have been many times that I was trapped and You freed me.

Oh you sons of men, how long will you seek to dishonor me. How long will you search for lies when the truth is right in front of you? You know that the Lord has separated those who walk uprightly from all of the rest. He has placed them in a class by themselves. He listens when I call and He answers me.

So, sons of men, it is OK to be angry, but do not sin in the process. Speak to yourselves within, silently dwell on your inner most thoughts and your own intentions.

Offer to God the proper and correct sacrifices AND for the right reasons. And confidently lean on the Lord, trusting completely in Him.

Lord, I know that there have been many that have asked You to smile on them so that they can see Your goodness all around them. But I love how You treat me. For You have placed Your pure joy and true merriment in my heart than they will ever know. More even than their wheat fields and vineyards have yielded - even in bumper crop years.

Yes my Lord, You fill me with Your great peace, so that I can lay down to rest confident that I am completely safe, and assured that I can trust You wholeheartedly. For You are my King and My God.


No comments:

Post a Comment