Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Psalm Two

The Lord asks; why do men waste their time making futile plans? Why do they plot against Him and His ways, trying to break free of His controls, as if they are slaves?

He laughs aloud at them, snickering at their mindless ways. As His anger builds, He disciplines them ... this fills them with terror. So He announces: "Don't you know that I am in charge? I have placed My chosen on, My very own Son, on the throne in Jerusalem?"

At the coronation celebration the Lord announces: "You are My Son, today I have become your Father. Ask Me for anything, I will grant your request - even the nations as your inheritance, the very ends of the earth could be Yours to possess, rule over, control or destroy as You will."

"So listen earthly rulers, and act wisely! Serve Me with reverent fear and honor. Sing praises, rejoicing as you shake in your boots. Submit to My Son, or He will become angry, destroying you in His wake as you plot against Him , for His anger can explode without without notice.

But, OH what true joy awaits all who find His protection.


No comments:

Post a Comment