Friday, October 27, 2017

Psalms Twenty Seven, verses 1-6

A Psalm of David and of Leigh

A Passionate Declaration of Faith



Lord, it is You that gives my life light and purpose. You have saved me; whom shall I fear? It is You that I draw the strength of my life from; of whom shall I be afraid?





When the wicked - enemies of my body and soul - advance against me to consume me from without and within at the same time, they tripped and fell face first in the dirt. Even if their entire armies should try to lay siege against me, I will not fear ... even in my heart of hearts I will remain at peace. And if war does break out all around me, I am confident in this one thing:

 
I have only desired one thing from You, my Lord, and that will I continually seek after: that You will dwell within my heart of hearts all the days of my life so that I may constantly look upon Your beautiful face, to seek You and study Your ways within Your holy Temple - my very soul - forevermore. 



For when I am in trouble, You secret me away and hide me; wrapping me up in Your protective arms of Love; You set me high upon the Rock of my Salvation, even Jesus! 

So shall I lift my head up above those enemies who gather round about me for my destruction: I will also offer my sacrifices of praise and thanksgiving in Your holy temple, yes even my heart of hearts! I will ever sing songs if joy to You my Lord ... my King!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment