Thursday, October 26, 2017

Psalm Twenty Six

A Psalm of David ... and Leigh

 Defend me, O Lord; for I have dealt honestly and honorably in all of my ways: I have also placed my trust in You and have not slipped nor strayed from Your Path.

 Examine me from top to bottom, Father. Try me in every way and prove me innocent. For I am ever fully aware of Your unfailing love; it is always on my mind. And I truly rely on your faithfulness, every minute ... all day long.
 I do not associate with the old crowd - drug addicts, gangsters, and criminals - evil doers of all sorts. I hate them and all of their double-dealing ways.

 I wash my hands in Your purity and innocence, joining hands with those encircling Your altar ... dancing with them around Your Throne. Together we Sing Your songs of Praise and Thanksgiving ... telling stories of all Your marvelous works.


Lord, I love that You have taken up residence within my heart of hearts because You fill me with Your honor and glory. Please do not rank me among sinful men and women, or my life and livelihood murderous and bloodthirsty people. For everything they hold dear is full of wicked schemes, treachery, and bribes.

 But I will always walk in honesty and integrity; so deliver me and always deal mercifully with me. 






For I stand on solid and level ground with You: I will do all I can to bring a smile to Your face, Lord ... Always!



Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment