Saturday, October 28, 2017

Psalms 27, verses 7-14

A Psalm of David and of Leigh, Continued

A Passionate Declaration of Faith

  Hear me, O Lord, when I am yelling out in anguish: and have mercy on me when You answer.










For you said, "seek My face;" and my heart answered, "Lord, Your face I will ever seek and that earnestly. So hide not Your face from me. Do not turn this servant away in Your anger.You have been my help, Lord. Do not leave me or disown me; for You alone are the God of my Salvation."





Even if my own parents were to reject and disown me, I know that You will pick me up in Your everlasting arms and care for me. So teach me all of Your ways, Lord, and lead me in that Narrow Path because of my enemies. 




Do not deliver me into the hands of my enemies; for false witnesses have risen against me. They speak of doing such cruel and violent things against me. I would have fainted had I not trusted in You, believing in Your goodness that I see poured out here in our community of believers.



So I will wait on You and for You, Lord. I will remain courageous and You will strengthen my heart if I should falter while I wait. Yes, I will wait on and for You, my Lord!






No comments:

Post a Comment